Monday, August 06, 2007

Maiden Voyage

Oh, the mystery of the Christian life! I have spent my adolescent and adult life seeking to understand what it means to be a disciple of Jesus. There are some things about this life that I understand. There are many more lessons yet to be learned.

This site is dedicated to those who are ready to explore with me questions about what it truly means to be a disciple of Christ.

I pledge to speak from my mind and heart.
I promise it will be messy for me and maybe for you.
I pray we will search (Jeremiah 29:13) and be searched (Psalm 139:23) so that we will come to better understand the journey of faith.

3 comments:

Israel said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you're doing this. I can't wait to see what God does with this...

Josh Taylor said...

Hey man,
Good to see you the other week. Here's one way I can keep up with you guys. Let me know when ya'll wanna get together so ya'll can meet Rachel.

DSGibson said...

I dont usually blog, I dont know how, but...


"Discipline" appears to me to be a major element of continuing to become a disciple of Christ.

Setting aside the question of personal discipline for the time being (I do believe personal discipline is by far the most critical/important aspect of discipline in our daily walk with Christ),what role does Church discipline have in our become a disciple of Christ, and if we come to the conclusion that it is still necessary in our "post modern" era, where is it? And, why is it where it is today?

Ya'll have a blessed day.

Scott